Welcome to Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
Moss Landing Marine Laboratories (MLML) serves a consortium of northern and central California State University campuses and is dedicated to excellence in both education and research in marine science.
A beautiful sunset viewed from MLML's Research Vessel Point Sur. Today, October 29th 2014, was the last day that the Pt. Sur took a MLML class out on the ocean before she must be put up for sale. Photo by Tara Pastuszek.
- 10/1/14 -7pm- MLML Friends Community Lecture: "A World Turned Upside Down" by Dr. Ivano Aiello
- 10/9/14 - IACUC Primer
- 9/1/14 - Labor Day - Lab closed
- 8/25/14 - First day of Instruction
- 8/22/14 - Center for Aquaculture Grand Opening
- 8/21/14 - MLML New Student Orientation
- 7/4/14 - Independence Day - Lab closed
- Video on Chief Scientist training at MLML & aboard the R/V Point Sur
- MLML Director Assists with Oregon Harbor Seal Research
- MLML Faculty, Dr. Scott Hamilton, on the front page of the Santa Cruz Sentinel
- Keeping up with MLML in the newest issue of the Wave magazine
- MLML Early Career Faculty, Dr. Scott Hamilton, receives Emerging Frontiers National Science Foundation grant to investigate effects of ocean acidification on juvenile rockfish
- MLML Student Makes Shark Discoveries
- Grand Opening of MLML Center for Aquaculture a big success!
Moss Landing Videos Fall 2014 Series Summary
- 11/6/14 - 4pm - Dr. Brian Tissot presents "Conservation and Conflict in the Marine Aquarium Trade"
- 10/30/14 - 4pm - Dr. Jen Maresh presents "One marine mammal is not like the other: how sampling bias influences perceptions of energy requirements in aquatic carnivores"
- 10/23/14 - 4pm - Dr. Rick Brodeur presents "Interactions Between Jellyfish and Marine Fish and Fisheries: Insights into Fisheries Sustainability"
- 10/16/14 - 4pm - Dr. Jeremy Claisse presents "Moving beyond counts… estimating production on oil platforms and in restored urchin barrens"