Welcome to Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
Moss Landing Marine Laboratories (MLML) is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in both education and research.
This week the research vessel JOHN H. MARTIN is receiving routine maintenance below the waterline. The vessel was donated to Moss Landing Marine Laboratories by Mr. Jeff Meyer. The 56-foot vessel was built in 1985 by Westport Boat Builders for charter fishing. The JOHN H. MARTIN has been equipped as an oceanographic research vessel capable of trawling, bottom sampling, hydrographic sampling, side scanning, limited geophysical surveying, dive operations and bird/mammal surveys. Photo by John Douglas.
- 3/31/14 - Cesar Chavez Day - Campus Closed
- 3/24/14 through 3/28/14 - Spring Recess
- 1/23/14 - First Day of Instruction
- 1/20/14 - Lab closed for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- 12/25/13 through 1/1/13 - Lab closed for winter break
- 12/11/13 - Friends of MLML Community Lecture at 7pm "Christmas Trees in the Deepsea"
- 12/17/13 - Last day of classes
- Moss Landing Marine Laboratories Students Awarded 2014 California Sea Grant State Fellowships
- National Shellfisheries Association names Catherine Drake grant awardee
- Dr. Mike Graham and the Phycology lab at MLML involved in Kelp Watch 2014
- Dr. Erika McPhee-Shaw hired as director of Western Washington University’s Shannon Point Marine Center
- Visiting Scientist position for Academic Year 2015-16: now taking applications
- R/V Point Sur featured in report from SJSU Foundation
- MLML's Diving Safety Officer featured in California Diving News
- 3/13/14 - at 4pm - Dr. Chris Lowe, "The science behind catch and release"
- 3/11/14 - 4pm - Ryan Carle thesis defense entitled "Sex-specific seasonal diet shifts and chick-provisioning patterns in Rhinoceros Auklets"
- 3/6/14 - at 4pm - Dr. Jonathan Hagstrum presents, "Unraveling the Mystery of Avian Navigation: Acoustic Propagation Modeling Indicates Birds use Atmospheric Infrasounds as Long-Range 'Map' Cues"
- 2/27/14 - 4pm - John Field presents, "Rockfish (Sebastes) recruitment and ecosystem indicators for the California Current, 1983-2013."