Welcome to Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
Moss Landing Marine Laboratories (MLML) is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in both education and research.
- 5/3/14 - 5/4/14 - MLML's Annual Open House, 9am - 5pm
- 3/31/14 - Cesar Chavez Day - Campus Closed
- 3/24/14 through 3/28/14 - Spring Recess
- 1/23/14 - First Day of Instruction
- 1/20/14 - Lab closed for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- 12/25/13 through 1/1/13 - Lab closed for winter break
- 12/11/13 - Friends of MLML Community Lecture at 7pm "Christmas Trees in the Deepsea"
- Recent Biological Oceanography graduate, Karen Parker selected as one of the outstanding theses and received highest ranking in the 2013-2014 academic year competition
- Moss Landing Marine Laboratories Students Awarded 2014 California Sea Grant State Fellowships
- National Shellfisheries Association names Catherine Drake grant awardee
- Dr. Mike Graham and the Phycology lab at MLML involved in Kelp Watch 2014
- Dr. Erika McPhee-Shaw hired as director of Western Washington University’s Shannon Point Marine Center
- Visiting Scientist position for Academic Year 2015-16: now taking applications
- R/V Point Sur featured in report from SJSU Foundation
Moss Landing Videos Spring 2014 Series Summary
- 5/1/14 - at 4pm - Dr. James Wiener presents, "Mercury in lacustrine food webs in the western Great Lakes region: bioaccumulation, ecological risk, trends, and policy implications"
- 4/29/14 - 4pm - Diane Wyse defends her thesis entitled "Plankton in Monterey Bay: Optimization of Optical Sensor Data with Applications in Plankton Community Composition"
- 4/24/14 - at 4pm - Dr. Valerie Loeb presents, "ENSO in Antarctica: ecological manifestations of ENSO variability off the Antarctic Peninsula on interannual to decadal time scales"
- 4/21/14 - 4pm - Emily Golson defends her thesis entitled "Predicting oil spill impacts on southern sea otters (Enhydra lutris nereis): Application of a mechanistic movement model"