Welcome to Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
Moss Landing Marine Laboratories (MLML) serves a consortium of northern and central California State University campuses and is dedicated to excellence in both education and research in marine science.
The Grand Opening of the MLML Center for Aquaculture on August 22 was a huge success! The speakers included Jim Harvey, Dennis Jaehne, Pam Stacks, Rebecca Dukes, Wayne Porter, and Mike Graham. Attendees from the community and from various scientific, business and academic sectors enjoyed the event's aquaculture demonstrations and discussions. There was lots of positive response to this new center, a unique program on the west coast that directly partners an educational institution with aquaculture research endeavors. Photo by Scott Gabara.
- Grand Opening of MLML Center for Aquaculture a big success!
- New! Webpage for Aquaculture at MLML
- MLML Professor Emeritus Cailliet co-authors paper on California white shark abundance
- Full-time, tenure-track Physical Oceanographer position: Deadline Extended to Sept. 12
- Visiting Scientist position for Academic Year 2016-17: now taking applications
- Information on the 2014 MLML handmade banjo raffle for student scholarships
- Chief Scientist training opportunity on the R/V Point Sur in 2014, deadline is June 20th
- 9/18/14 - 4pm - Dr. James Wiener presents "Mercury in lacustrine food webs in the western Great Lakes region: bioaccumulation, ecological risk, trends, and policy implications"
- 9/11/14 - 4pm - Dr. Sara Maxwell presents "Spatial Ecology and Management of Marine Predators"
- 9/4/14 - 4pm - Dr. Kakani Katija Young presents "Elucidating in situ animal-fluid interactions in the ocean"
- 8/28/14 -3 PM- In-House Open House