Welcome to Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
Moss Landing Marine Laboratories (MLML) is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in both education and research.
Egregia menziesii is a very common intertidal and shallow subtidal species along the central coast of California. This alga harbors invertebrates such as kelp crabs in its dense blades, seen here from Stillwater Cove, CA. Photo: Heather Fulton-Bennett
- Graduate student, Paul Clerkin featured in the Britannica Blog
- Moss Landing Marine Laboratories' Research Vessel Point Sur Returns from Five-Month Voyage to Antarctica
- Moss Landing Marine Laboratories Student Wins CSU Statewide Research Competition
- MLML Graduate Coordinator Position has been posted
- The Point Sur Returns from Historic Voyage to the Antarctic
- 5/17/13 - 12pm - Karen Parker defends her thesis entitled, "GENOME-WIDE TRANSCRIPTOME ANALYSIS FOR THE MARINE DIATOM THALASSIOSIRA PSEUDONANA TO IDENTIFY GENES AND PATHWAYS INVOLVED IN THE ACCUMULATION OF TRIACYLGLYCERIDES"
- 5/16/13 - 12pm - Brian Maurer defends his thesis entitled, "Optimization and Characterization of the Bulk FDA Viability Assay to Quantify Living Planktonic Biomass"
- 5/16/13 - 4pm - Ari S. Friedlaender presents, "Seeing below the surface: using tag technology to study the foraging behavior of cetaceans"
- 5/9/13 -4pm- Francois Cazenave presents, "Designing a wave-powered oceanographic buoy "