Welcome to Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
Moss Landing Marine Laboratories (MLML) is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in both education and research.
The marine science diving class completed their last SCUBA dive in Stillwater Cove just off Pebble Beach, CA. We decided to celebrate the season with an additional piece of dive equipment. We wish you happy holidays from everyone here at Moss Landing Marine Laboratories. Photo: Scott Gabara
- 12/25/13 through 1/1/13 - Lab closed for winter break
- 12/11/13 - Friends of MLML Community Lecture at 7pm "Christmas Trees in the Deepsea"
- 12/17/13 - Last day of classes
- 11/28/13 - 11/29/13 - Thanksgiving Holiday - Lab Closed
- 11/11/13 - Veteran's Day - Lab Closed
- 10/23/13 - Friends of MLML Community Lecture at 7pm "Ten Years of Underwater Video from Antarctica"
- 10/3/13 - Research Foundation Open Enrollment Benefits Fair @ 11:00am - 2:00pm
- R/V Point Sur featured in report from SJSU Foundation
- MLML's Diving Safety Officer featured in California Diving News
- Two former MLML students involved in research on calcite crusts of arctic algae that helps reconstruct climate and improve modelling of climate change to come
- Chancellor Timothy P. White visits Moss Landing Marine Labs and San Jose State University
- MLML is now accepting applications for the Fall 2014 semester
- MLML Graduate Student Angela Szesciorka receives the 2013/2014 Archimedes Scholarship
- MLML's Alumnus Dr. Allen Andrews Awarded NOAA Fisheries Service Employee of the Year
- 12/9/13 - 4pm - Michelle Marraffini thesis defense entitled "Effects of Community Attributes on Recruitment Success of Invertebrates in Monterey Harbor, CA"
- 12/6/13 - 4pm - Mike Fox thesis defense entitled, "Effects of biomass loss on growth and resource allocation in giant kelp, Macrocystis pyrifera"
- 12/6/13 - 12pm - Justin Peglow thesis defense entitled, "Investigating the relationships between community structure and rugosity in the rocky intertidal using terrestrial laser scanning"
- 12/5/13 - 4pm - Jason Cope presents, "The biology of stock assessments"