Welcome to Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
Moss Landing Marine Laboratories (MLML) serves a consortium of northern and central California State University campuses and is dedicated to excellence in both education and research in marine science.
A pair of type C killer whales surface along the sea ice edge in the Ross Sea, Antarctica. Photo by Clint Collins.
- 10/1/14 -7pm- MLML Friends Community Lecture: "A World Turned Upside Down" by Dr. Ivano Aiello
- 10/9/14 - IACUC Primer
- 9/1/14 - Labor Day - Lab closed
- 8/25/14 - First day of Instruction
- 8/22/14 - Center for Aquaculture Grand Opening
- 8/21/14 - MLML New Student Orientation
- 7/4/14 - Independence Day - Lab closed
- MLML Faculty, Dr. Scott Hamilton, on the front page of the Santa Cruz Sentinel
- Keeping up with MLML in the newest issue of the Wave magazine
- MLML Early Career Faculty, Dr. Scott Hamilton, receives Emerging Frontiers National Science Foundation grant to investigate effects of ocean acidification on juvenile rockfish
- MLML Student Makes Shark Discoveries
- Grand Opening of MLML Center for Aquaculture a big success!
- New! Webpage for Aquaculture at MLML
- MLML Professor Emeritus Cailliet co-authors paper on California white shark abundance
- 10/9/14 - 4pm - Dr. Steve Morgan presents "Surfzone hydrodynamics as a key determinant of spatial variation in marine communities"
- 10/2/14 - 4pm - Dr. Sal Jorgenson presents "How Marine Mammals Shape the Ecology of White Sharks in the Northeastern Pacific"
- 9/25/14 - 4pm - Dr. Andrew Thurber presents "Bacterial based food webs: microbes facilitate ecosystem persistence in the High Antarctic"
- 9/18/14 - 4pm - Dr. James Wiener presents "Mercury in lacustrine food webs in the western Great Lakes region: bioaccumulation, ecological risk, trends, and policy implications"