Welcome to Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
Moss Landing Marine Laboratories (MLML) serves a consortium of northern and central California State University campuses and is dedicated to excellence in both education and research in marine science.
- 12/25-1/2/15 - Lab Closed
- 11/27/14 & 11/28/14 - Thanksgiving Holiday - Lab closed
- 11/11/14 - Veteran's Day - Lab closed
- 10/1/14 -7pm- MLML Friends Community Lecture: "A World Turned Upside Down" by Dr. Ivano Aiello
- 10/9/14 - IACUC Primer
- 9/1/14 - Labor Day - Lab closed
- 8/25/14 - First day of Instruction
- MLML blog makes Southern Fried Science's list of 5 favorite new blogs
- Moss Landing Marine Laboratories Professor Kenneth Coale Receives National Honor
- MLML Faculty, Dr. Scott Hamilton, awarded Early Career Investigator at SJSU
- KION and the Santa Cruz Sentinel cover MLML celebration of R/V Pt Sur and her 28 years of service.
- Video on Chief Scientist training at MLML & aboard the R/V Point Sur
- MLML Director Assists with Oregon Harbor Seal Research
- MLML Faculty, Dr. Scott Hamilton, on the front page of the Santa Cruz Sentinel
Moss Landing Videos Fall 2014 Series Summary
- 12/19/14 - 3pm - Scott Gabara defends his thesis entitled "Community Composition and Energy Flow Within Rhodolith Habitats at Santa Catalina Island, CA"
- 12/18/14 - 12pm - Cheryl Barnes defends her thesis entitled "Age, growth, and reproductive potential of California Halibut (Paralichthys californicus) off central California, with comparisons to the Southern California Bight"
- 12/12/14 - 4pm - Andrea Launer defends her thesis entitled "Sex-Specific Distributions of Leopard Sharks (Triakis semifasciata) in an Estuarine Environment"
- 12/12/14 - 12pm - Ben Yair Raanan defends his thesis entitled "Environmental drivers of benthic-interior exchange events over the continental shelf of Monterey Bay, California"