Welcome to Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
Moss Landing Marine Laboratories (MLML) serves a consortium of northern and central California State University campuses and is dedicated to excellence in both education and research in marine science.
MLML's newly constructed Center for Aquaculture is ready to go! The facility will provide faculty, students, affiliated researchers and collaborators the ability to research aquaculture in many different ways. There will be a celebration of the Center's grand opening on August 22. Please visit http://aquaculture.mlml.calstate.edu/ for more information.
Photo: Jane Fusek
- 10/9/14 - IACUC Primer
- 8/25/14 - First day of Instruction
- 8/22/14 - Center for Aquaculture Grand Opening
- 8/21/14 - MLML New Student Orientation
- 7/4/14 - Independence Day - Lab closed
- 5/26/14 - Memorial Day - Lab Closed
- 05/21/14 - Friends of MLML Community Lecture at 7pm "Seastar Wasting Patterns and Effects Along the West Coast of North America"
- New! Webpage for Aquaculture at MLML
- MLML Professor Emeritus Cailliet co-authors paper on California white shark abundance
- Full-time, tenure-track Physical Oceanographer position: Deadline Extended to Sept. 12
- Visiting Scientist position for Academic Year 2016-17: now taking applications
- Information on the 2014 MLML handmade banjo raffle for student scholarships
- Chief Scientist training opportunity on the R/V Point Sur in 2014, deadline is June 20th
- Recent Biological Oceanography graduate, Karen Parker selected as one of the outstanding theses and received highest ranking in the 2013-2014 academic year competition
Moss Landing Videos Fall 2014 Series Summary
- 8/28/14 -4 PM- In-House Open House
- 6/25/14 - 4pm - Jasmine Ruvalcaba defends her thesis entitled "Effects of depth, site, and season on phenotypic variation of the geniculate coralline, Calliarthron tuberculosum around the Monterey Peninsula, CA"
- 5/20/14 - 4pm - Jahnava Duryea defends her thesis entitled "Evaluating Methods to Anesthetize Gopher Rockfish for Immediate-release in the Field: Induction, Recovery, and Cortisol Stress Response to Surgical Anesthesia"
- 5/20/14 - 12pm - Katherine Schmidt defends her thesis entitled "Life history changes to female Blue Rockfish, Sebastes mystinus, before and after overfishing, in central CA"