To develop novel technologies for enhancing the sustainability and productivity of current aquaculture practices. MLML Aquaculture Facility hopes to lead the way in developing a rigorous foundation and policy for aquaculture science and in training the workforce and leaders in sustainable aquaculture in California, the United States, and worldwide.
- Advance interdisciplinary aquaculture research among CSU campuses
- Innovate in onshore and land-based system technologies for the aquaculture industry in California
- Expand research into the use of aquaculture in clean technology applications for a variety of resource recovery settings
- Develop new curricula and training programs for undergraduate and graduate students in aquaculture science
- Inform the public and policy makers regarding sustainable aquaculture
- Train CSU students for jobs in the burgeoning aquaculture industry