Dive Locker and Equipment
Our dive locker is located at the Small Boats and Diving Operations building in Moss Landing. There are several lockers for storing personal diving gear. These lockers are typically full, but if you need one contact the Diving Safety Officer to see what is available.
One of the perks of being a MLML research diver is access to diving equipment. Besides SCUBA equipment, students have access to the dive truck, boats, research tools, and portable compressor (which are very useful for those Baja research trips). A more complete list is found below. Contact the Diving Safety Officer for further details.
- Steel Low Pressure 71.2 and 75 cu. ft. air cylinders
- Steel High Pressure 80 cu. ft. and 100 cu. ft. nitrox cylinders
- Buoyancy Compensators
- 17 cfm Nitrox/Air Compressor with an 8 Cylinder Fill Station (Training available for qualified candidates)
- Bauer Portable Air Compressor
- Dive Computers
- Inflatable boats with various 2 and 4-stroke outboard motors
- Emergency Oxygen Kits and Field AED
58 foot R/V John H. Martin
30 foot R/V Sheila B
(3) 16 foot Boston Whalers
(2) Ford (Dive) Truck