If you are looking to check out hardware from the MLML IT hardware library, please refer to the following guidelines:
- Browse/search check out library on Populi (you must be signed in as a patron) to know what is available to you.
- Determine the hardware needed and submit an iTicket to the help desk requesting check out.
- Please make sure to detail in the request what hardware you need, what you need it for and when/how long you will be needing it .
- Pick up hardware from the Help Desk cubicle in the front office of the Main Lab when instructed.
- If you need to extend your check-out time, be sure to contact a Help Desk Tech and request a check-out renewal.
- Check-out durations can be requested in day, week, month, semester and yearly increments. Justification and approval are needed for durations longer than 1 day.
- Items cannot be checked-out to patrons that have overdue items or fees. Once all items have been returned and fees resolved, patrons can once again check-out items as normal.
- Hardware items CANNOT be removed from Help Desk cubicle without express permission of IT staff or proper check-out procedure. *
If you have checked out an item for use, please refer to the guidelines below for proper check-in procedure:
- Once finished with an item, please return it directly to the Help Desk technician on duty (unless other arrangements have been made).
- NOTE: Simply placing items in cubicle drawers while technician is not available may result in late notices and fines if the technician is unaware that the items have been returned. If you must return the item to the empty cubicle, be sure to notify the technician in some way.
- To avoid late notices/fines, return item within designated check out period and in good condition.
- Items must be checked in before they can be loaned to someone else.
- Items may not be passed on to others that have not individually checked them out without express permission or instruction from IT staff. *
Special Circumstance Item Policies
- Leica cameras are only available for check-out periods of 24 hours unless special justification is given, such as semester-long need for classwork, or direct request from faculty.
- Leica cameras must be returned in person to a Help Desk Technician during normal business hours.
- Laptop computers are only available for check-out periods of 24 hours
- Computers must be returned the next business day between 9:30 - 10:00 am, by the patron to a Help Desk Technician.
* Failure to comply with these rules will result in ineligibility for future item check out.