- The MLML network is built around a Cisco switched gigabit network core with a 1 Gb connection to the CENIC managed CalREN high-bandwidth high-availability Internet network.
- Gigabit connections are available to the desktop using fiber or copper connections. Fiber cable connect remote buildings to the campus core network.
- The MLML network infrastructure supports data, voice and video.
- Wireless network access is available at all MLML locations.
- A guest wi-fi network is available to visiting researchers and guests.
- MLML adheres to the California State University and San Jose State University Information Technology Policies and Standards.
- Planned outages will be communicated in advance via email and voicemail and will be scheduled to minimize disruptions to the MLML community.
- Other network outages are treated as "code blue" and given top priority. When local resources are inadequate, the SJSU Network Operations Center and its advanced network monitoring tools are available for more in-depth troubleshooting.