Expanded Access to Library Resources during COVID-19
Resources for MLML and MBARI students, staff, and faculty to support remote research, teaching, and learning.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- We are working throughout the closure and are here to support remote research, teaching, and learning.
- Please see the Remote Services page created by the MLML IT group for a broad list of available resources.
- Library staff are available to help you access journal articles, add new ebooks to course reserves, improve your database searching, and much more! Please email library staff (email@example.com) or librarian Katie Lage (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Accessing Articles, Ebooks, & Journals
- All of the MLML/MBARI Research Library’s online resources are available as usual from OneSearch and the Databases pages.
- Follow these instructions to remotely access subscription articles, databases, and ebooks.
- Pro Tip: Set up Library Links in Google Scholar to simplify access to the full text of articles.
- Many publishers and library vendors have made ebook collections freely available to support remote teaching and learning during this time. These are being made available through OneSearch, and will appear in your search results along with our other resources.
Coronavirus / COVID-19 Research
Research and information related to coronavirus from trustworthy scientific and medical journals.
New & Highlighted Resources
Browse some of our regular and complimentary subscription resources below. All can be found in your search results in the library catalog OneSearch.
- Complimentary access to all journals
- Subscription access continues to Proceedings of the Royal Society, Series B, Biological Sciences and Biology Letters
- Complimentary access to Etextbooks and All Access books through June 30, 2020
- Formerly the Safari Tech Book Collection, but now our regular subscription includes all content: books, video, case studies, interactive tutorials, audio books, and conferences.
- EBSCO has upgraded access to unlimited-users and provided free access to many previously unsubscribed ebook collections, including more academic ebooks and engineering ebooks until July 1, 2020.
- MBARI access via VPN is working. JoVE is still processing MLML remote access (3/27/2020).
- Science Education
- Complimentary access until June 15, 2020
IEEE eLearning Library
- Please visit ieee.org/ieeexplore and click on "Free to Access Now: COVID-19 Related Research" to view what you have access to, or go to Browse>Courses to see all eLearning course topics.
- Complimentary access from March 27, 2020 - April 27, 2020
- A number of publishers have made their ebooks freely accessible in GeoScience World through June 30th, 2020.
ProQuest Ebook Central
- MLML ProQuest Ebook Central
- MBARI ProQuest Ebook Central: please email Katie (email@example.com) for assistance as the MBARI link is currently not working. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Free resources for instructors and students affected by COVID-19.
Emerald Books and Journals
- The full Emerald Journals and the Business Management/Economics and Social Sciences ebook collections have been added to the Library's collection. They can be found in your search results in OneSearch.
- Complimentary access until July 1, 2020