Although the primary activities at MLML involve education and research we also strive to inform and inspire the public regarding the marine environment and the organisms that live there. Much of these more public activities are organized by the Friends of MLML, the public relations arm of MLML. Friends organizes a number of events and productions:
- Wave (a periodic newsletter about the activities at MLML)
- Public Tours of the lab (privately scheduled tours of the facility)
- Public Seminar Series (occasional talks regarding current topics)
- Alumni connections (alumni database and occasional communications)
- Fundraising (helps coordinate fund raising activities supporting MLML)
The Friends of MLML organization is an invaluable, loyal supporter of Moss Landing Marine Labs. The Friends of MLML serve the Lab by garnering community support, fundraising for student scholarships and building projects, and connecting MLML to the community through outreach and events.
We ask you to join us in supporting MLML and become a Friend with a gift to MLML. Your support helps us better equip our faculty, provision our students, and invest in MLML. And with this gift you become a Friend of MLML, a special part of our community that has helped make Moss Landing Marine Labs what it is today.